HERITAGE GROUP MEETING
DATE: Thursday, October 18, 2018
TIME: 10 a.m.
PLACE: Boardroom A137
ATTENDANCE: Leslie Walsh, Chair, Karen Wall, Dorothy Derksen, Gail Shimonek, Rose Marie Floch, Rose Marie Hess, Sherry Ripak, Arnold Kolaski, Bob Vinet, Steve Onyschack, Allison Cowell, Ron Blicq, Linda Robson, Stephen Lipischak, Pat Fraser, Lorie Siebrand, Liz Omeniuk.
- Meeting attendees enjoyed coffee and socializing from 9:30 – 10:00.
- Guest Speaker was Ron Blicq and Brandi Hanna (Health and Wellness Care) Shaftsbury Seniors Residence. Both Ron and Brandi provided a comprehensive presentation of living in a senior residence. There were many questions from the group and Brandi gave out gift packs to all attendees..
WELCOME AND CALL TO ORDER
Chair called the meeting to order. Liz Omeniuk volunteered to record the minutes in the absence of Mary Hayes.
ADOPTION OF AGENDA?((Pat Fraser, Karen Wall).
ADOPTION OF MINUTES?(Gail Shimonek, Sherry Ripak)
BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
- The new brochure is out, looks very good. The new pictures really enhance the brochure.
- Social:?The Christmas lunch is now at the Assiniboine Downs (Terrace Room) with a full buffet for $35.00. Tickets are available from Laura by email. The cut off day is Nov. 8th. People can pay Karen that day. Those who register to go to the lunch and do not show will still have to pay the fee for the buffet.
- May outing will be in Steinbach.
- Leslie sent around the college’s organizational chart for interest
- Leslie stated that at the last meeting Dale Watts spoke to her about the Heritage group considering having a Facebook page. The consensus was not to pursue this.
- The newsletter is out and has some very interesting articles.
- Leslie Walsh, Karen Wall and Liz Polakoff attended the Tea Fest at the Franco Manitoba Cultural Center put on by the ISSA, chair Shahina Siddiqui (our September guest speaker). The three of them had a wonderful experience and recommended that the members consider attending next year.
- Rose Marie Hess read “Coffee on the Wall” which describes what a small town outside of Venice Italy is doing. Basically people can buy a cup of coffee for those who can’t afford it. The cup of coffee notice is placed on the wall and when someone who is in need of a free cup of coffee they ask for a cup of coffee from the wall. It was suggested that the Heritage Committee could sponsor or get the ball rolling for such an event as this for students in the college who are on a very limited budget. Lots of discussion took place and it was decided it was a complex undertaking. It was suggested that Food Services and the Student Association be involved. Rose was asked to talk to John Reimers about it in November and we will see where it goes from there.
- Gail S. mentioned that she has joined Freedom Force travel group and if anyone is interested she can bring a guest to the meetings.
ADJOURNMENT: (Sherry Ripak, Karen Wall)
DO YOU HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS?
Please contact Laura Sinclair to receive this package by email:
at 204-632-3031 or w88ประเทศไทยlnsinclair@rrc.ca
Please remember to check out our blog at w88ประเทศไทย www.hometransformationsbyterri.com
IF YOU WISH TO BE REMOVED FROM THIS DISTRIBUTION
OR TO UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS
Please Contact Laura Sinclair at 204-632-3031 or firstname.lastname@example.org